In this 4-hour online course, you get the basics of developing microservices applications providing REST endpoints with JSON payloads with Quarkus.
This workshop will provide an introduction to Quarkus and how to use it to create applications.
A detailed guide will be provided on using ArC (CDI), RESTEasy, and Panache (database access) within your application. This will include a discussion on how to do testing of your application. In addition, we will look at configuring the application and deploying it onto a container, as Java application or as a native image.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to get an overview of developing a REST style application with Quarkus.
– Java developers
– Software architects
– Java trainers
– Technical consultants and sales engineers
– Fundamental knowledge of Java
– Proficiency in using a Java IDE such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Netbeans
– Proficiency in object-oriented programming
– Experience with Maven
– Experience with Git
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
– ArC/CDI Introduction
– RESTEasy / JAX-RS basics
– Database access introduction with Panache
– Configuration of the application
– Integration Testing
– Deploying applications
– Using the Quarkus integration of MicroStream