In this 4-hour online course, you get the basics of developing MicroProfile applications with Payara Micro.
This workshop will provide an introduction to Payara Micro and how to use it to create a MicroProfile application.
It covers the history of MicroProfile and its relation with Jakarta EE.
A detailed guide using MicroProfile 4.0/5.0, will then be given on using MicroProfile Config, Rest Client, Fault Tolerance, Health, and Metrics. This will include a discussion on how to do integration testing with Docker. In addition, we will look at configuring the application and deploying it onto a container.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to get an overview of developing a MicroProfile application with Payara Micro.
– Java developers
– Software architects
– Java trainers
– Technical consultants and sales engineers
– Fundamental knowledge of Java
– Proficiency in using a Java IDE such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Netbeans
– Proficiency in object-oriented programming
– Experience with Maven
– Experience with Git
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
– Payara Micro versions and supported standards
– MicroProfile overview and a short history
– MicroProfile Config overview
– Rest Client usage, including making asynchronous calls
– Fault Tolerance introduction
– Configuration of the application
– Integration Testing
– Deploying applications
– Using the MicroProfile integration of MicroStream