In this 4-hour online course, you get an introduction to developing modern cloud-native microservices with Payara Micro.
Join us for an introductory workshop on Payara Micro, the small and lightweight application server which aims to make it easy for developers to create cloud-native applications.
We will review the capabilities, compare them to other frameworks and solutions, and determine what cloud-native applications entail.
Step-by-step instructions will be provided on how to get started with Payara Micro. In the end, attendees will learn examples of the different features such as starting a new application, configuring, running it in containers, deploying it as an application server, and so on …
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to get a high-level overview of the capabilities of Payara Micro and the typical use cases.
– Java developers
– Software architects
– Java trainers
– Technical consultants and sales engineers
– Fundamental knowledge of Java
And if you want to play with the provided examples after the course
– Proficiency in using a Java IDE such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Netbeans
– Proficiency in object-oriented programming
– Experience with Maven
– Experience with Git
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
– What is Payara Micro?
– Comparison to other frameworks and solutions
– What is Cloud-native?
– Step-by-step instructions for starting, building, configuring, and deploying your first application
– Integration of MicroStream.