In this 4-hour online course, you get an introduction to developing modern cloud-native microservices with Quarkus.
Join us for an introductory workshop on Quarkus, a Kubernative Java Native solution for HotSpot and GraalVM, combining the best of breed libraries for creating your application.
We will review the capabilities, compare them to other frameworks and solutions, and determine what cloud-native applications entail.
Step-by-step instructions will be provided on how to get started with Quarkus. In the end, attendees will learn examples of the different features such as starting a new application, use the developer Mode, configuring, running it in containers and so on …
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to get a high-level overview of the capabilities of Quarkus and the typical use cases.
– Java developers
– Software architects
– Java trainers
– Technical consultants and sales engineers
– Fundamental knowledge of Java
And if you want to play with the provided examples after the course
– Proficiency in using a Java IDE such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Netbeans
– Proficiency in object-oriented programming
– Experience with Maven
– Experience with Git
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
– What is Quarkus?
– Comparison to other frameworks and solutions
– What is Cloud-native?
– Step-by-step instructions for starting, building, configuring, and deploying your first application
– Integration of MicroStream.