In this course along with learning the basics of Spring Boot Framework while designing a Bookstore System Application, you will be learning some of the most desired skills of being counted among the best techies in the industry for web application development. You will learn and understand how to create and customise Swagger UI for API Documentation and how to use Swagger UI for API testing, how to use Lombok Framework to minimise the boilerplate even further than most techies can possibly imagine, also a cool way to implement Builder Design Pattern with Lombok Annotation, use of dev-tools for faster application development, use of actuators for performance monitoring, use of profiling for environment creation, use of JPA for performing CRUD Operations on DB Tables, Exception Handling in Spring Boot, basic security with Spring Boot security, how to use Microstreams for achieving best performance in data persistence and retrieving and understanding of embedded database and leveraging the same for faster application development.
Who should attend
Developers, software architects, and project managers who want to develop modern cloud-native microservices with Spring Boot. Also trainers, architects and consultants.
- Java developers
- Web Developers
- API Developers
- Beginner Spring Boot
- IT and Computer Engineering students
- Software architects
- Project managers
- Java trainers
- Technical consultants
- Developer Advocates
- Platform Success Managers
- Technical Evangelist
- Founders, Co-Founders and CTO’s
- Proficiency in using a Java IDE such as Eclipse
- Fundamental knowledge in Java
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Git
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Design of a cloud-native microservice architecture
- Build microservice application with Spring Boot
- Build independent RESTful API’s
- Test API’s by configuring, customising and using Swagger UI
- Minimise boilerplate code by using Lombok Framework
- Rapidly develop and code Spring Boot RESTful API based microservices with help of Dev-tools
- Monitor Performance of Microservice application by using actuators
- Create spring boot profiles for different deployment environments.
- Persist data by using Java Persistence API and MicroStream
- Secure your microservices
- Configure and use embedded database H2 for faster application development.
- Test and check your microservice application RESTful API’s.
- Spring-Boot introduction and overview
- Creating a spring boot project from scratch
- Learning the use of Dev-Tools
- Spring-Boot dependencies
- Creating RESTful API’s and configuring Swagger UI.
- Configuration of Swagger UI
- API Testing with Swagger UI
- Customising Swagger UI.
- Actuators Endpoints like Health, Detailed Health, Info, metrics, enable all hidden endpoints, customising which endpoints to enable and hide rest of the Endpoints.
- Learning the use Embedded Database H2
- Introduction to Embedded Database H2
- Accessing and querying H2 DB
- Persistence with Spring Data
- Persist data to H2 database by using Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Persist data by using MicroStream native object graph persistence
- Various exercises with coding
- Answering your individual questions